As a Freshman Undergrad, What Should I Be Doing For Softs? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
midwest17

Gold

Re: As a Freshman Undergrad, What Should I Be Doing For Softs?

Post by midwest17 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:33 pm

"Do four years of college for the experience, regardless of cost" is just as much boomer propaganda as "study what you're interested in, regardless of employability."

Many people find college socially rewarding. Many don't. Some people might not be able to find post-college life socially rewarding, and so stay in college as long as they can. Others can find friends and fun outside of school.

I agree that you shouldn't go KJD with less than 4 years of college. But if graduating early fits OPs interests and goals, then taking a few years off after college is TCR, not staying in school for no reason.

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Don't do anything just for the sake of getting softs for law school. Do stuff that interests you. You seem like a really motivated and proactive person, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Also, don't tell upperclassmen that you're a sophomore in your second semester of college b/c of AP credits. You are still a freshman and they will make fun of you for saying that you have sophomore status.

eerie_erie

Bronze

Post by eerie_erie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:08 am

I think anything that develops your character and helps you align yourself to your core values. Also anything creative.

I would not do anything just because it might marginally help me get into certain law schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”