Study Abroad Studies Interrupted Addendum issue..PLEASE HELP Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bahbahbah

New

Study Abroad Studies Interrupted Addendum issue..PLEASE HELP

Post by bahbahbah » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I am applying this cycle but have a problem:

I studied abroad fall quarter of my junior year (my school has a quarter system), and I did it through a third party company, NOT my university. I temporarily disenrolled from school to go abroad, and the classes I took were supposed to be transferred over as transfer credit, not actual university graded credit. The classes were graded on a 1-10 scale, not an A-F one, and I did not pass one of them. I actually did not transfer the credit over to my university, so there is no record of me studying abroad on my official transcript. I called LSAC twice and both times they said I did not have to report that transcript, but my apps are asking for an addendum as to why I interrupted my studies. Should I tell them that I studied abroad and chose not to transfer the credit? Does that make me look bad and hurt my chances of acceptance? Or should I just make something up, like a family issue or something as to why I took a quarter off.

Please help me!! :cry:

midwest17

Gold

Re: Study Abroad Studies Interrupted Addendum issue..PLEASE HELP

Post by midwest17 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:45 pm

There is no worse decision you could make than lying on your application.

Just say that you took a quarter off to study abroad through a private company. I don't think any more detail is needed.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”