Submitting app before my Dec score with old low score Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ganlan

New

Submitting app before my Dec score with old low score

Post by ganlan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Sorry for two posts back to back...

Anyone have any advice on whether or not I should submit my applications before my December test scores are released? I know in the past some have said to do this since law schools will wait until the score is released to begin reviewing your application but what about if I have an old LSAT score (163 from two years ago) already on file. For the record, I was PT'ing consistently above 170 this time so I'm hoping to have tested in that range again (or at least 163+).

So my question is, is there a disadvantage to sending in my applications with my 163 on file now? Or should I wait until the moment December scores come out with my hopefully improved score?

NYC2012

Bronze

Re: Submitting app before my Dec score with old low score

Post by NYC2012 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am

Last edited by NYC2012 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Submitting app before my Dec score with old low score

Post by bp shinners » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 pm

NYC2012 wrote:
ganlan wrote:Sorry for two posts back to back...

Anyone have any advice on whether or not I should submit my applications before my December test scores are released? I know in the past some have said to do this since law schools will wait until the score is released to begin reviewing your application but what about if I have an old LSAT score (163 from two years ago) already on file. For the record, I was PT'ing consistently above 170 this time so I'm hoping to have tested in that range again (or at least 163+).

So my question is, is there a disadvantage to sending in my applications with my 163 on file now? Or should I wait until the moment December scores come out with my hopefully improved score?
My 2 cents is to wait until you have the new score. A) because they won't read it until they see your new score anyway, and B) less than a month won't make a difference, especially during a month when most schools will be taking several days off for the holidays.

Others may have different opinions.
Might also save you some app fees if you decide not to apply to certain schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”