Redacted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bellacose

New

redacted

Post by Bellacose » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm

redacted
Last edited by Bellacose on Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfgang

New

Re: Lets talk about the LSAC and retaken courses.

Post by wolfgang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:16 pm

I mean, I was upset, as well... but I also don't feel like they were necessarily 'saying one thing and doing another'. It's more like they had misleading language that they are interpreting in a silly manner. I can see where they're coming from, and I definitely don't think they're following the most logical interpretation of their policies. The most logical interpretation would be if zero=not calculated. But they have it set up in such a way that what they're doing is (just barely, in my opinion) defensible.

That being said, it seems like I'm not the only one being screwed by this policy. Anyone else who is in the same boat, PM me. Sadly, I gave up fighting it, but my cycle is far from over and if we put all our heads together perhaps we can figure out something that will be beneficial to all of us AND future generations.

Bellacose

New

Post by Bellacose » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 pm

redacted

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 am

Personally, I think not counting retaken classes is utter bullshit. You took it, you earned the grade, you should damn well own it. I don't care if you were 16 and "immature" and "didn't know that college credits in high school would be important"; there are plenty of us who were 16 and got perfectly fine grades on our college credits in high school.

Bellacose

New

redacted

Post by Bellacose » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 pm

redacted

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Bellacose wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Personally, I think not counting retaken classes is utter bullshit. You took it, you earned the grade, you should damn well own it. I don't care if you were 16 and "immature" and "didn't know that college credits in high school would be important"; there are plenty of us who were 16 and got perfectly fine grades on our college credits in high school.
When you put quotations around a phrase you imply that I've actually said those things, which I haven't. I've never said I don't deserve to have them counted - I probably do - but, if the LSAC has a policy that could raise my LSDAS gpa from a 3.75 to a 4.0, I'd like them to stick to it.
He wasn't necessarily implying that you said them. Plenty of people have had the same complaint as you, and have said those things.

I'm not sure why you're still arguing about this here. There are two interpretations of the policy. You think one of them is more reasonable; people have told you that LSAC uses the other. Convincing TLS won't do you any good. If you're so convinced that you're right, call up LSAC and try to convince them.

Bellacose

New

Post by Bellacose » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm

redacted
Last edited by Bellacose on Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Bellacose is pretty bellicose guys. Lay off.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 pm

neprep wrote:Bellacose is pretty bellicose guys. Lay off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

only u bb

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bellacose

New

redacted

Post by Bellacose » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm

redacted
Last edited by Bellacose on Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Bellacose wrote: No school, even for zero credit classes, leaves the credits earned and attempted blank.
That seems like a pretty bold statement to make. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I've reviewed some transcripts that had the credits earned/attempted left blank (it would have been a CA or NY school).

wolfgang

New

Post by wolfgang » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 pm

bp shinners wrote:
Bellacose wrote: No school, even for zero credit classes, leaves the credits earned and attempted blank.
That seems like a pretty bold statement to make. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I've reviewed some transcripts that had the credits earned/attempted left blank (it would have been a CA or NY school).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure some schools do that in california at least. The california public school system, especially at the junior college level, does some weird things.

But, regardless of whether or not this actually happens, I think the point being made earlier—which, incidentally, aligns with my experience—is not so much that the requirement to have the class NOT counted as three units isn't so much that the credits are left blank. I believe that they were trying to account for situations where the units were actually unreadable... like, as mentioned, when some schools black the whole thing out (I know the some schools in california USED to do this) or whatever. So, in either case, the LSAC has a good reason for including this policy in there that might have nothing to do with zero-credit courses.

The other thing that I am just now noticing that gives me hope for YOU (but not for me, sadly) is that you got a C in your class, yeah? I failed mine. I don't know if that makes a difference or not to the LSAC. Stupid me for not noticing sooner, but that's definitely a difference between your case and (at least) my case. So maybe things will work out for you! Although I have no idea why they would distinguish between F's and C's like that...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”