Mailed LORs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ArundelSt

New

Mailed LORs

Post by ArundelSt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm

I had to have a recommender mail in a LOR. It was overnighted yesterday. How long should it take LSAC to process before it says received on my LSAC account really want to get my apps out. It is my fourth and final letter and last thing I need to be able to get all my apps out. Any past expierences with or knowledge of this would be greatly appreciated.

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: Mailed LORs

Post by Ti Malice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Don't remember, but delaying your apps for a fourth LOR doesn't make much sense.

ArundelSt

New

Post by ArundelSt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:40 pm

My other two are from professors and one is from an internship, the one I am waiting on is from an attorney in my current job (now 1.5 years out of undergrad)...would that matter?

outlawscr10

Bronze

Post by outlawscr10 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I called LSAC about this today actually. They said it could take 2-3 days before the letter is posted as "received."

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

To the extent adcomms care about LORs at all, they want to see academic LORs. I wouldn't bother with an attorney letter at all, much less delay my apps for one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ArundelSt

New

Post by ArundelSt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 pm

SO of course the letter processed today right after I submitted my application. Is it possible to add it now that I have submitted? Or will I be forced to save it for potential waitlist later on?

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:21 pm

I wouldn't bother with it at all. More is not necessarily better, and attorney LORs are usually useless fluff.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:21 pm

ArundelSt wrote:SO of course the letter processed today right after I submitted my application. Is it possible to add it now that I have submitted? Or will I be forced to save it for potential waitlist later on?
You can assign it to schools, and I believe most of them get weekly updates with new letters. Whether they will review it with your application depends on the school.

But Ti Malice has some good points: make sure you're thinking about whether the letter will actually add anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”