Character and Fitness Worries Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zhcrobert

New

Character and Fitness Worries

Post by zhcrobert » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I have read many stories about the character and fitness question and have questions about my own.

Last semester I had a quarrel with my girlfriend in a public area. We may cause too much noise so a staff in the office called the police. There was no violence involved and the misunderstanding was clear afterwards. The Community Standard Office in our university gave me a Verbal Warning and I think this goes to the disciplinary record. The verbal warning was for the disruption of university activity, because my behavior caused the police to come. I continue serving as a board member of this office after the incidence.

How will this verbal warning affect my application? Do I need to give a very detailed statement about this incidence or just be concise?

Thank you so much and appreciate the help.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Re: Character and Fitness Worries

Post by iamgeorgebush » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:52 am

Why don't you ask your Dean or whomever whether there's anything on your disciplinary record?

zhcrobert

New

Post by zhcrobert » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:48 pm

iamgeorgebush wrote:Why don't you ask your Dean or whomever whether there's anything on your disciplinary record?
I just received from Dean's office. Since it is the only verbal warning I received during my entire period of UG, the warning will not appear in the dean's certification. It is not communicated to schools that request the Dean's certification.

So under this situation, do you think I should disclose or not?

Thank you so much!

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Post by iamgeorgebush » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Each school's set of C&F questions is different. Some schools exclude verbal warnings. If I were you, I would read each C&F question closely and respond honestly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”