Question about submitting app Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LElsa

New

Question about submitting app

Post by LElsa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Last edited by LElsa on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neprep

Silver

Re: Question about submitting app

Post by neprep » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 am

LElsa wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a silly question- I tried finding it elsewhere but I am still confused about the process:

If I submit an application before my transcript and LORs are in, will the school even look at my materials? Or will they wait until it is a complete app? I'm just wondering because my undergrad institution is taking forever to acknowledge my transcript request, and I was a bit late asking for LORs. This being said, I was really hoping to submit my apps fairly early.

Thank you everyone.
No, they will not start reading your file until all of its components are delivered. Although, if you put some pressure on your school for the transcripts and on your recommenders for their letters, you definitely still have a chance of getting them in "fairly early" at this stage in the cycle.

LElsa

New

Post by LElsa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:53 am

Thank you very much! Making some calls tomorrow 8)

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm

neprep wrote:
LElsa wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a silly question- I tried finding it elsewhere but I am still confused about the process:

If I submit an application before my transcript and LORs are in, will the school even look at my materials? Or will they wait until it is a complete app? I'm just wondering because my undergrad institution is taking forever to acknowledge my transcript request, and I was a bit late asking for LORs. This being said, I was really hoping to submit my apps fairly early.

Thank you everyone.
No, they will not start reading your file until all of its components are delivered. Although, if you put some pressure on your school for the transcripts and on your recommenders for their letters, you definitely still have a chance of getting them in "fairly early" at this stage in the cycle.
Is it good to wait until everything is there before "submitting" the application? I have multiple apps that are complete in the sense that I've filled out all my information, essays, LORs, but the transcript from the school I attended freshman year before transferring is in transit. Would it matter if I hit submit now? Would they just get the material, and then look at it once the transcript comes in?

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:15 pm

isuperserial wrote:
neprep wrote:

Thank you everyone.
Is it good to wait until everything is there before "submitting" the application? I have multiple apps that are complete in the sense that I've filled out all my information, essays, LORs, but the transcript from the school I attended freshman year before transferring is in transit. Would it matter if I hit submit now? Would they just get the material, and then look at it once the transcript comes in?
Yep, I don't see any advantage submitting it now versus when the other components are in. They won't look at it until it's complete.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:40 pm

neprep wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
neprep wrote:

Thank you everyone.
Yep, I don't see any advantage submitting it now versus when the other components are in. They won't look at it until it's complete.
Thanks chief! You're the best :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”