Personal Statement Typo Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whyeven

New

Personal Statement Typo

Post by whyeven » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 am

After submitting my early app Friday - I found a couple things that really needed to be fixed. I think what I can submit Monday is better. But is calling up and asking to get the old PS swapped out going to look worse than any improvement that could be made from fixing stuff? App to t6.

NanaP

Bronze

Re: Personal Statement Typo

Post by NanaP » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:02 pm

whyeven wrote:After submitting my early app Friday - I found a couple things that really needed to be fixed. I think what I can submit Monday is better. But is calling up and asking to get the old PS swapped out going to look worse than any improvement that could be made from fixing stuff? App to t6.

Same thing happened to me, I'm just going to let it go, and hope that it won't be that big of a deal if it's just one or two errors vs grammatical errors throughout the essay....think you should be fine, don't draw attention to it.

whyeven

New

Post by whyeven » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:18 pm

ok. there's only one "real" typo, but i also just changed the entire tense of the essay and think it reads way better ;-) i guess my safety schools will just have to enjoy it? argh.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 pm

whyeven wrote:ok. there's only one "real" typo, but i also just changed the entire tense of the essay and think it reads way better ;-) i guess my safety schools will just have to enjoy it? argh.
That's why it's always a good idea to send your first apps to your safety schools...

whyeven

New

Post by whyeven » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:00 pm

anyone else? call admissions today and they said they would add updated stuff to file but can't swap out. this is my ed reach school so my sense is go for broke (i think what I can submit today will be much better) and if they don't like the additional materials...we'll i probably wasn't going to get in anyway?

esther0123

Bronze

Post by esther0123 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 pm

well i have typo/grammatical error (plural vs. singular... typo or grammar, depending on how you look at it) in two spots too... i honestly doubt they'll notice. each person will easily read at least 30 of these, and your eyes just glaze things over after some point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”