Application previews Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tigersaresexy

Bronze

Application previews

Post by tigersaresexy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

My pdf preview of my applications has some of my word documents a little messed up. There are a few lines where the top half of the letter are cut off, I'm not really sure why and there isn't much I can do about it really since re-uploading didn't seem to change much.

Just wondering if law schools are going to get my app like that? I imagine this is a somewhat common problem...

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Re: Application previews

Post by iamgeorgebush » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:07 am

Pretty sure law schools will get what appears in the preview PDF.

I can't know what exactly is causing your problems, but pay mind that your docs don't have an unusual font. I had originally used Cambria in Word (on my Mac), and Cambria looks exactly like Times New Roman on a Mac but looks way different on a PC. Consequently, when I originally uploaded everything, the app looked messed up, but when I replaced Cambria with TNR, it all worked fine.

CitrusFruit

Bronze

Post by CitrusFruit » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:43 am

tigersaresexy wrote:My pdf preview of my applications has some of my word documents a little messed up. There are a few lines where the top half of the letter are cut off, I'm not really sure why and there isn't much I can do about it really since re-uploading didn't seem to change much.

Just wondering if law schools are going to get my app like that? I imagine this is a somewhat common problem...
I have had this exact issue. Sometimes it is there sometimes it isn't. I think it will be fine. They know it wasn't your intention or fault and it might show up fine on their screens.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 am

CitrusFruit wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:My pdf preview of my applications has some of my word documents a little messed up. There are a few lines where the top half of the letter are cut off, I'm not really sure why and there isn't much I can do about it really since re-uploading didn't seem to change much.

I have had this exact issue. Sometimes it is there sometimes it isn't. I think it will be fine. They know it wasn't your intention or fault and it might show up fine on their screens.
i printed my apps from firefox once and everything i uploaded was in little squares. it freaked me out for a bit, but there really is only so much you can do :/

workaholic82

Bronze

Post by workaholic82 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:59 am

scoobers wrote:
CitrusFruit wrote:

i printed my apps from firefox once and everything i uploaded was in little squares. it freaked me out for a bit, but there really is only so much you can do :/
I spoke with LSAC about this. They said in order to see the app properly you should download it to your computer as a PDF using the little icons at the bottom, and then it will appear properly. They told me they don't see the cut-off lines on their end, and the schools wouldn't either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”