Letter of Rec -- Uploading online time delay Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
the_pakalypse

Bronze

Letter of Rec -- Uploading online time delay

Post by the_pakalypse » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 pm

One of my profs has submitted a letter of rec recently through the LSAC website -- how long should I expect it to take before my page will change from "acknowledged" to "submitted?"

I know that mailing in takes about 2 weeks but I didn't see anything about the online processing time (if any). I'm worried he may have not completed the process fully..

Thanks!

eerie_erie

Bronze

Re: Letter of Rec -- Uploading online time delay

Post by eerie_erie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Maybe send your professor an email and ask. Just say you are trying to be thorough and be polite; if he likes you enough to write you a LOC already I doubt he would bite your head off for being thorough.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 pm

When I uploaded one, it took less than 2 days for the person for whom I wrote it to let me know that it showed up on their account. I don't know if they got in touch right away or not, but that's at least one data point.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Both of mine processed very quickly, less than two days. In fact, one of them was a matter of hours, because my recommender emailed me asking for clarification on one point so he could finish the letter, and it showed up in my LSAC account as "submitted" later that day.

0913djp

Bronze

Post by 0913djp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I called someone today at LSAC and they said that it takes normally between 2 to 4 business days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”