What do you think of my C&F Disclosure? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

What do you think of my C&F Disclosure?

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Please let me know if you think it's too long/too short, need's more/less detail, etc.

On [XX XXXX], 2012, I received a ticket for violating the “Social Host Ordinance” in [XXXX, XX]. I was given a “Continuance for Dismissal” regarding this charge, and fulfilled the requirements of no same or similar charges, remaining law abiding, and paying $200 in prosecution fees. As a result, the charge was dismissed on [XX XXXX], 2012. Under the “Social Host Ordinance”, hosting an event at which those under 21 years of age may be in the possession of alcohol is considered a misdemeanor. I regret my actions, and appreciate the impact that they can have on both those who attend such an event as well as the surrounding community.

YYZ

Bronze

Re: What do you think of my C&F Disclosure?

Post by YYZ » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Less detail. Eliminate the last 2 sentences and don't mention the amount of the fees. The adcoms will blow right by this.

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I was concerned that the adcomm would not be familiar with what the social host ordinance was, and I wasn't sure whether I should make it clear that it's a misdemeanor.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Ok, thanks for the feedback. I was concerned that the adcomm would not be familiar with what the social host ordinance was, and I wasn't sure whether I should make it clear that it's a misdemeanor.
As a result, the misdemeanor charge was dismissed on [XX XXXX], 2012.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”