Submitted PS too long - resubmit? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScottRiqui

Gold

Submitted PS too long - resubmit?

Post by ScottRiqui » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:18 am

The PS I submitted was about 2-1/2 pages long. The instructions on the LSAC electronic application didn't have any guidance on length, but I just now found something on the school's website that says the PS should be limited to two pages, double-spaced.

I could easily make my PS two pages just by removing my name & LSAC number from the top, and changing it from 12-point to 11-point type, but I don't know if it's worth drawing attention to the matter by contacting the admissions department and re-submitting, especially since I wouldn't actually be changing the content.

Marshmallow

Bronze

Re: Submitted PS too long - resubmit?

Post by Marshmallow » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

I remember reading in a thread a while back that you can call someone in the admissions office and have them change out the PS before your app. is read. Since this person is seriously unlikely to be someone reading your app., essentially no one will ever know. Take this with a grain of salt, not sure if it's tcr, but I have heard this before.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks - I contacted the admissions department and they said they'd attach the revised PS to my app.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm

P.S. Name and LSAC number should be in the header, and thus do not add to the length.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”