5th retake? Absurd or... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
karmaman

Bronze

5th retake? Absurd or...

Post by karmaman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 am

So here's my situation, I will be reapplying to USC/UCLA this year as my top choices. I'm from the LA area and would really like to stay here. I applied last year to most of the top 25 and got some really good offers at some of the top 25 including Emory, GW, and was waitlisted at 4 of the lower ranked t-14, but ultimately my goal is to go to either USC or UCLA.. Also got pretty substantial offers at Loyola and Pepperdine, but ultimately decided to retake in October..Was PTing around 174 and ended up with a 165 ( super disappointed, not sure what happened ) but my highest score to date is a 166, with GPA at 3.23 i believe..Mixed URM, is it worth it to register for February turn in my apps now and hope that i score higher to put me over the edge on these two schools or just suck it up and see what happens. I plan on applying ED to UCLA, and hopefully with the decreased applicant pool my chances will be better, but I know the Cali schools are big on GPA which is the department I am lacking in. Really not sure what to do and what are my best / most rational options.. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

johnfootball

New

Re: 5th retake? Absurd or...

Post by johnfootball » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 am

Retake December if you can be ready by then (you probably can) and DO NOT APPLY ED. High score wins, but make sure you nail it this time.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 pm

johnfootball wrote:Retake December if you can be ready by then (you probably can) and DO NOT APPLY ED. High score wins, but make sure you nail it this time.
This.

Also, this is completely unsolicited, but if the reason you're 100% set on UCLA/USC is because you want to do entertainment law, that's a terrible reason to be set on those schools. Have a backup plan.

karmaman

Bronze

Post by karmaman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:01 pm

Haha yea thanks BP, no not in anyway that at all. More into the large and powerful alumni base and location close to family, commitments, etc...

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:24 am

karmaman wrote:Haha yea thanks BP, no not in anyway that at all. More into the large and powerful alumni base and location close to family, commitments, etc...
Those would be the good reasons to head to those schools!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

karmaman

Bronze

Post by karmaman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Agreed, so you don't think the 5th retake be a redflag in anyway? Also u think i have ne chances now with my current numbers or is an increased LSAT score nescesary to get me in at either one of these 2?

thewaves

Bronze

Post by thewaves » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 am

are you talking about your fifth overall retake? I thought you're only allowed 3 current scores.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 am

What kind of URM are you?

california2013

New

Post by california2013 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 am

thewaves wrote:are you talking about your fifth overall retake? I thought you're only allowed 3 current scores.
3 scores ( takes ) for 2 years

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”