Requesting transcripts for LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JJ123

Bronze

Requesting transcripts for LSAC

Post by JJ123 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 am

How do I actually request the transcripts? Do I print off that form from the LSAC, send it to my school, and then have them send it to LSAC? I just spent like a half hour reading LSAC's website, and I cannot figure it out.

t-14orbust

Gold

Re: Requesting transcripts for LSAC

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:00 pm

JJ123 wrote:How do I actually request the transcripts? Do I print off that form from the LSAC, send it to my school, and then have them send it to LSAC? I just spent like a half hour reading LSAC's website, and I cannot figure it out.
That's right. The form isn't even absolutely necessary but it does help with processing speed. I sent in my transcripts without the form and it took them 2.5-3 weeks to process.

JJ123

Bronze

Post by JJ123 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:36 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
JJ123 wrote:How do I actually request the transcripts? Do I print off that form from the LSAC, send it to my school, and then have them send it to LSAC? I just spent like a half hour reading LSAC's website, and I cannot figure it out.
That's right. The form isn't even absolutely necessary but it does help with processing speed. I sent in my transcripts without the form and it took them 2.5-3 weeks to process.
Ok, thanks.

rutgers17

Bronze

Post by rutgers17 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:14 pm

t-14 is right about not needing the form, but I'd definitely include it if you can. I included mine and they were processed the day they were received (took less than 5 days from requesting them from all the schools I attended to be processed by LSAC, including time for snail mail).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”