C&F issues because of forgotten traffic tickets? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScottRiqui

Gold

C&F issues because of forgotten traffic tickets?

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 am

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting jammed up for traffic tickets they forgot about or got the details wrong for?

In a nutshell, I've been driving for over 25 years. I've had about a half-dozen moving violations, but the odds of me remembering all of them, or the details, are just about nil. I've purchased my DMV records from the appropriate states, but the tickets I remember from the 80s and early 90s aren't there, so who knows what else is missing. Even a more recent ticket from 2005/6 was missing, and it was from the state where I currently live and where my license is issued.

I'll disclose everything I can, but should I include a caveat that I've likely forgotten at least one? None of them were outrageous - they were all of the "mail in a check and it's done" variety, so it's not as if they'll find one that I didn't disclose that's any worse than the ones that I do remember.

MormonChristian

Bronze

Re: C&F issues because of forgotten traffic tickets?

Post by MormonChristian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:03 am

ScottRiqui wrote:Has anyone ever heard of someone getting jammed up for traffic tickets they forgot about or got the details wrong for?

In a nutshell, I've been driving for over 25 years. I've had about a half-dozen moving violations, but the odds of me remembering all of them, or the details, are just about nil. I've purchased my DMV records from the appropriate states, but the tickets I remember from the 80s and early 90s aren't there, so who knows what else is missing. Even a more recent ticket from 2005/6 was missing, and it was from the state where I currently live and where my license is issued.

I'll disclose everything I can, but should I include a caveat that I've likely forgotten at least one? None of them were outrageous - they were all of the "mail in a check and it's done" variety, so it's not as if they'll find one that I didn't disclose that's any worse than the ones that I do remember.

I had to do this for the patent bar. I simply explained that it was impossible for me to remember every possible violation and no state keeps records for that long. My C&F was accepted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”