What to do if recommender hasn't responded Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ballsoharduniversity

New

What to do if recommender hasn't responded

Post by ballsoharduniversity » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:18 am

I'm applying for next year's cycle and have already begun the process of asking for LORs just to have them ready to go. My first professor responded back quickly and agreed to write me a rec, but the other professor I asked hasn't responded in over a week. I thought maybe because it's the beginning of the semester she might be busy with class preparations, but I checked to see if she's teaching any classes this semester and it turns out she isn't (she's an adjunct professor). I'd really like for her to write me a rec since she got to know me pretty well when I took her class last semester (and did well).

I have no idea if I should just keep waiting until she finally checks her university email, or if I should follow up with another email. There's no way for me to go to my school department to find her at office hours because I'm currently studying abroad, and I can't seem to find any other contact info from the old syllabus I saved on my computer. I could call my school department and ask if she's around, but I feel like that'd be too much. I know I don't really have to freak out yet since I'm not applying until next year's cycle, but I just want to know if I should just wait to see if she replies by the end of the semester before I start to get concerned.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: What to do if recommender hasn't responded

Post by bp shinners » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 am

ballsoharduniversity wrote:I could call my school department and ask if she's around, but I feel like that'd be too much.
Nope. Give her a call.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”