Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
David_Hume14

New

Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid?

Post by David_Hume14 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid? Is the $160 only to send all that to schools?

David_Hume14

New

Re: Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid?

Post by David_Hume14 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Wormfather wrote:
David_Hume14 wrote:Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid? Is the $160 only to send all that to schools?
IIRC they'll accept but not process. So you'll get an email saying that it was received, assuming you've signed up for LSAC and CAS, but have not paid the fee yet.
Okay great. So I can have profs send the letters in Sept./October and pay a few weeks later? And then pay/actually apply to schools a couple weeks after that?

David_Hume14

New

Re: Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid?

Post by David_Hume14 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Wormfather wrote:
David_Hume14 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
David_Hume14 wrote:Will LSAC accept LORs, transcript before they're paid? Is the $160 only to send all that to schools?
IIRC they'll accept but not process. So you'll get an email saying that it was received, assuming you've signed up for LSAC and CAS, but have not paid the fee yet.
Okay great. So I can have profs send the letters in Sept./October and pay a few weeks later? And then pay/actually apply to schools a couple weeks after that?
Should be fine, I was having transcripts and all sorts of stuff sent before I paid.
Thanks for this info! What's the LOR process like when asking people who live far away? Is there an online link?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”