2.4 / 161 Advice.. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
raferna3

New

Re: 2.4 / 161 Advice..

Post by raferna3 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:50 pm

BigZuck wrote:What do you mean when you say that you "love the law?" Be specific.

And why are you so confident that you will be at the top of your law school class? Your overall gpa is not good, and even when you decided to put some effort into it it's not anywhere close to perfect. As far as the LSAT goes your score is pretty mediocre and it sounds like you couldn't be bothered to put in the requisite effort. Not to mention you had one major thing screw you up and that could also happen on a law school exam. One C on a final could drop you out of the running from finishing near the top of the class, and you will end up taking plenty of exams.

I'm not trying to crap on you or bring you down, I'm genuinely interested in why you think law school will be any different than the entirety of your academic background to this point.
I'm not asserting ill graduate #1 in my class. But if you believe holding down a 3.7+ GPA while working full time, among other things, is something to dismiss, then hey, so be it.

As for my love of the law, I have been involved in many cases via both my youthful indiscretion, my business(always as the plaintiff), as well as some exposure to IP law through a patent I currently have pendig as well. I have seen first-hand what attorneys do on a day to day basis and have represented myself on occasion as well.

As for my not being willing to be bothered to study for the LSAT and take it again, I do not know who you are, or what you do, but running a business is tough. Particularly when you are simultaneously going to school, among other things. Adding the LSAT into that mix is strenuous, to say the least.

That being said I will almost certainly be retaking this October. Thanks for the advice everyone. Sorry or any typos, I am typing this from my cell.

lhn5007

New

Post by lhn5007 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:30 am

Like everyone else said you should retake the LSAT in October and start studying now, as soon as possible. Pick up the Logic Games Bible by Powerscore and complete every game you can get your hands on. The logic games just takes practice and a perfect score on them is very possible with preparation. If you happen to get dual games again, I'm sure you'll go up in score substantially with study.

If I were you (and I sort of am) I would blanket and apply to as many schools as I can afford aiming for the best ranked law school possible. You never know unless you try right? And you have to try if being a lawyer is what you want to do with your life.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm

raferna3 wrote:As for "special snowflake syndrome," I understand it's likely impossible for me to convince you otherwise, but if you knew me you'd know I am indeed a "special snowflake." My resume(and recent gpa) can attest to the fact that when I set my mind to something, I get it done.
raferna3 wrote:I'm not asserting ill graduate #1 in my class. But if you believe holding down a 3.7+ GPA while working full time, among other things, is something to dismiss, then hey, so be it.
raferna3 wrote:I simply love the law. Never wanted to do anything aside from be an attorney. It isn't all about the dollars and cents for me, it is about having a job that I am excited to wake up for every morning.
lol @ this guy

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”