Took a year off-Questions for applying this coming cycle Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NicoleLauren17

New

Took a year off-Questions for applying this coming cycle

Post by NicoleLauren17 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 am

Long story short, I ended up taking the October 2012 LSAT and I did not like my score so I retook in December. By the time I got my December score (early January), I felt I would be applying too late in the cycle for my top choice schools (Duke, Virginia, etc.) and I decided to take a year off.

Because I had planned on applying last cycle, I had already sent in all of my letters of recommendation. The letters are all dated in the late fall of 2012 or early 2013. Does this matter? Do I need to send in new letters that are more up to date?

Also, how do I ensure that I will receive fee waivers again? I previously received them from almost all of the schools I plan on applying too, but I want to make sure I will receive them again. Will my LSAC account remaining active ensure this, or is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Nova

Platinum

Re: Took a year off-Questions for applying this coming cycle

Post by Nova » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:31 am

NicoleLauren17 wrote: Because I had planned on applying last cycle, I had already sent in all of my letters of recommendation. The letters are all dated in the late fall of 2012 or early 2013.

Does this matter?

Do I need to send in new letters that are more up to date?
No.

No.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”