Northwestern ED Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Duchess14

New

Northwestern ED

Post by Duchess14 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm pre-LSAT so this is just a general inquiry re Northwestern early decision.

NU is my top choice and I'm planning on EDing assuming I get an LSAT score that makes me a viable applicant.

The general wisdom seems to be that NU ED admission tends to be reserved for those with strong numbers (not splitters) because of the attached scholarship.

I think I saw on an NU ED thread that those rejected early decision can still be considered as regular decision applicants? Is this true, and if so does anyone have any experience with being rejected ED but accepted regular decision? How often it happens? The process, etc.?

Clearly

Gold

Re: Northwestern ED

Post by Clearly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Correct. The full ride standards are pretty high, as the program intends to pull qualified applicants from the T6 or so.
While I suppose its possible that an ED candidate might be outright rejected, most times the candidate is deferred to the RD pile, and a decision is made there (without the full ride scholly). It happens often. If I had to guess, I'd say if you were a viable candidate for the full ride, and you get deferred, you would be highly likely to be admitted RD.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: Northwestern ED

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Duchess14 wrote:I'm pre-LSAT so this is just a general inquiry re Northwestern early decision.

NU is my top choice and I'm planning on EDing assuming I get an LSAT score that makes me a viable applicant.

The general wisdom seems to be that NU ED admission tends to be reserved for those with strong numbers (not splitters) because of the attached scholarship.

I think I saw on an NU ED thread that those rejected early decision can still be considered as regular decision applicants? Is this true, and if so does anyone have any experience with being rejected ED but accepted regular decision? How often it happens? The process, etc.?
I applied ED and was held and accepted RD. The process is: you apply. If they decide they dont want you for ED, they either reject you (game over) or hold you (you wait until RD decisions start coming out). This is the process for every ED program out there, pretty much.

Good luck, hope you get that 17X.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”