New questions Yale application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shootforthestars

New

New questions Yale application?

Post by shootforthestars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:55 pm

So I've been hearing some vague references to Yale having new application questions, one being something to do with LSAT test prep courses and if you took one, and another requiring you to disclose if you got help preparing your application. Does anyone have more information - preferably the exact wording - on these questions/what they entail? In addition, do you know if other schools have questions like these? Thanks!

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: New questions Yale application?

Post by Ti Malice » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm

They're not new -- they've been there for five years. They ask exactly what you said, and they entail disclosing and being truthful. I haven't heard of any other school asking similar questions.

shootforthestars

New

Post by shootforthestars » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 am

Ti Malice wrote:They're not new -- they've been there for five years. They ask exactly what you said, and they entail disclosing and being truthful. I haven't heard of any other school asking similar questions.
Thanks for the help! Learn new things every day...had no idea they'd been around for so long, just stumbled upon a mention of it on the Yale admissions blog. If it sounded like I was implying not disclosing/lying, my apologies, that's the last thing I'd ever do or even think about doing...just curious about the questions. Thanks again!

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 pm

shootforthestars wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:They're not new -- they've been there for five years. They ask exactly what you said, and they entail disclosing and being truthful. I haven't heard of any other school asking similar questions.
Thanks for the help! Learn new things every day...had no idea they'd been around for so long, just stumbled upon a mention of it on the Yale admissions blog. If it sounded like I was implying not disclosing/lying, my apologies, that's the last thing I'd ever do or even think about doing...just curious about the questions. Thanks again!
My apologies for being gruff with you. People have talked about lying in their answers to these questions on here before, which really pisses me off, and I unfairly responded to you with that irritation in my thoughts. Good luck!

shootforthestars

New

Post by shootforthestars » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

My apologies for being gruff with you. People have talked about lying in their answers to these questions on here before, which really pisses me off, and I unfairly responded to you with that irritation in my thoughts. Good luck!
No worries...glad to find someone who feels the same way I do. Cheating/lying/breaking rules in general really bothers me (which has been to my detriment, really, at least when it comes to my grades on take-home tests, etc). That's why I was interested in this question to begin with - if a lot of law schools had those questions, that was going to be a factor in whether or not I chose to take a prep course. Again, thanks for your help, and nice to meet a kindred spirit! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”