Law School Advertising Megathread Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheThriller

Gold

Re: Law School Advertising Megathread

Post by TheThriller » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Liberty calls me about 4 times a day.....

scruffy556

Bronze

Post by scruffy556 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm

politics89 wrote:So I found this super misleading, I got a fee waiver from Lewis and Clark in the mail but the envelope had a huge return address of "Northwestern School of Law" and in small letters underneath it said "of Lewis and Clark University". The header on the letter had it that way too. At first glance all you see in Northwestern, how many people does that pull in? Talk about being borderline scammy.
I got a viewbook from Lewis & Clark last fall and the big envelope had that in huge letters. I was genuinely amused at the ploy, definitely took me a second to figure out why Chicago had moved to Oregon.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 pm

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:24 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 pm

scruffy556 wrote:
politics89 wrote:So I found this super misleading, I got a fee waiver from Lewis and Clark in the mail but the envelope had a huge return address of "Northwestern School of Law" and in small letters underneath it said "of Lewis and Clark University". The header on the letter had it that way too. At first glance all you see in Northwestern, how many people does that pull in? Talk about being borderline scammy.
I got a viewbook from Lewis & Clark last fall and the big envelope had that in huge letters. I was genuinely amused at the ploy, definitely took me a second to figure out why Chicago had moved to Oregon.
It was especially cruel my year when they sent these around the time northwestern was making ED decisions. I nearly had a heart attack.

untar614

Silver

Post by untar614 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 am

scruffy556 wrote:
Would either of you happen to have a pic? I'm super curious now and I'd really like to see this.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:57 am

politics89

Bronze

Post by politics89 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

untar614 wrote:
scruffy556 wrote:
Would either of you happen to have a pic? I'm super curious now and I'd really like to see this.
Sorry as soon I realized it wasnt the real Northwestern, I tossed mine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Harvard just sent me an e-mail!!! It was just a general info thing, but I spent about 5 minutes making sure it wasn't a phishing scam from a TTT law school (I'm assuming that's what they're gonna do next). Getting e-mails from good schools feels so strange.

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

goldbh7 wrote:Harvard just sent me an e-mail!!! It was just a general info thing, but I spent about 5 minutes making sure it wasn't a phishing scam from a TTT law school (I'm assuming that's what they're gonna do next). Getting e-mails from good schools feels so strange.
same. i semi-flipped out cause i thought it was gonna be a fee waiver lol. :(

MoMettaMonk

Silver

Post by MoMettaMonk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Just got the Harvard email as well. As randomly excited as I got from an email that doesn't ultimately mean much for admission, I'm afraid I might have a heart attack if I actually get accepted.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Happy Gilmore

Bronze

Post by Happy Gilmore » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm

So far the latest I have seen for applying for the Fall of 2013 is phoenix law on August 5th. Would that even be practical to start school 15 days after submitting an application? I think this round might be officially over

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Happy Gilmore

Bronze

Post by Happy Gilmore » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Regulus wrote:
Happy Gilmore wrote:So far the latest I have seen for applying for the Fall of 2013 is phoenix law on August 5th. Would that even be practical to start school 15 days after submitting an application? I think this round might be officially over
I would be surprised if this prestigious institution didn't send out at least 1 more email this cycle. :lol:
Suppose Creighton wins. I wonder how many more times we need to mention Creighton before this thread becomes #1 when you google them.

scruffy556

Bronze

Post by scruffy556 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Regulus wrote:The difference is that schools like Harvard and Yale will usually just send 1 email stating that they're going to have one of those info meetings instead of bombarding you several times each month for over a year with junk mail. (I can only imagine how much it would catch people off guard if HYS started calling students like some of the TTT(T)s have been doing this semester.)
Well I didn't get anything from HYS, but I got as much shit in the mail from Columbia as any other school.

It really kinda bummed me out because every time I got something I got that thought in the back of my head that they would forgive the fact that my numbers are TTT as fuck and just take me out of pity.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 am

I just got a invite to apply to Belmont just a few days ago.....with a fee waiver!!!!

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 am

However, if it were a Mormon who had been raised in Utah and simply left to get their JD from Harvard, I would be willing to bet you money that they would have much better options in Utah than someone who graduated from BYU with similar grades.

I think that is very true....and if not better options probably at least the same. My friends brother is from Arizona and left to go to Duke. He had no problem securing a job in Phoenix. In fact he had a job lined up way before he graduated. He makes the big bucks now.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 am

How have I never seen this thread...

The worst for me is Charlotte. If I open an email they send they send more 2 days later (they can tell).

Also, I got a fee waiver from Florida Coastal. And Cooley sent me something at home. Y'all be jealous.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 am

mewalke1 wrote:I just got a invite to apply to Belmont just a few days ago.....with a fee waiver!!!!
I actually got this too! I have yet to take the LSAT and do not plan to apply this cycle haha.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am

Just got an e-mail from William Mitchell wishing me a happy Constitution Day. It looks like this is already going to be one of the better Constitution Days that's I've had.

Two things in the e-mail made me lol:
William Mitchell is the only law school in the Upper Midwest region participating in the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project.
This is how they differentiate themselves? I guess it's hard to be different when there are FOUR law schools in a city that only needs 1 law school (maybe 2 if the second school has 100 students and serves the rest of the state of Minnesota).
We were able to award a renewable scholarship to 100% of students in the most recent incoming class.
So it's not really a scholarship. It's more of a tuition bait-and-switch.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:44 pm

I feel extremely blessed that The University of Idaho College of Law just wished me good luck on the LSAT.
I see that you are scheduled to take the LSAT in October. The "big test" is an exciting and important step that will largely determine where you will attend law school.
(I'm sure UI is a great option for students in Idaho, but...I don't live there...)

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:30 pm

scoobers wrote:I feel extremely blessed that the University of Idaho College of Law just wished me good luck on the LSAT.
I see that you are scheduled to take the LSAT in October. The "big test" is an exciting and important step that will largely determine where you will attend law school.
(I'm sure UI is a great option for students in Idaho, but...I don't live there...)
HAHA same here

MoMettaMonk

Silver

Post by MoMettaMonk » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
scoobers wrote:I feel extremely blessed that the University of Idaho College of Law just wished me good luck on the LSAT.
HAHA same here
My thoughts exactly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”