soft factor of business owner Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itachiuchiha

Silver

soft factor of business owner

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 pm

So I own an online business that does 60k+ in sales a year. I am listed as a co-president of the LLC, is this a soft that is worth noting in apps?

Gold

Re: soft factor of business owner

Post by 062914123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm

bee wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:So I own an online business that does 60k+ in sales a year. I am listed as a co-president of the LLC, is this a soft that is worth noting in apps?
it is presumably already on your resume. what do you mean by noting it on your app? writing your PS about it?
I meant: is it a good factor in helping someone in getting in?

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:29 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
bee wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:So I own an online business that does 60k+ in sales a year. I am listed as a co-president of the LLC, is this a soft that is worth noting in apps?
it is presumably already on your resume. what do you mean by noting it on your app? writing your PS about it?
It's an interesting soft and might make for a good PS, but it won't get you in anywhere your numbers don't already give you a shot at. Just like almost every single other soft.

Why don't you just stay with the company and expand? Firms fight for the table scraps of businesses. Why not build your own table instead?

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 pm

North wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
bee wrote:
It's an interesting soft and might make for a good PS, but it won't get you in anywhere your numbers don't already give you a shot at. Just like almost every single other soft.

Why don't you just stay with the company and expand? Firms fight for the table scraps of businesses. Why not build your own table instead?
So, I should be a carpenter?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Exactly.

Aawaldrop

Bronze

Post by Aawaldrop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm

North wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
bee wrote:

60k in sales is not a lot

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 am

bee wrote:
North wrote:It's an interesting soft and might make for a good PS, but it won't get you in anywhere your numbers don't already give you a shot at. Just like almost every single other soft.
This. OP, this is certainly something you can write about in your PS if you feel like that's your best option, but it isn't going to make you outperform your numbers. What are your stats?
3.85, lsat score pending

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 am

Aawaldrop wrote: 60k in sales is not a lot

I don't want to sound like a douche, but I agree w/ Aawaldrop and would not mention your company's revenue on your resume, PS, etc. Just keep it a mystery and hope they assumed $10000000+ (in which case you'd probably be an idiot to go to lawl school). It still takes a ton of courage to start and stick with a business, so I think it's a decent soft. Just won't help you actually get in, as others mentioned, unless maybe pitted against a numbers twin.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 am

superdingle2000 wrote:
Aawaldrop wrote: 60k in sales is not a lot

I don't want to sound like a douche, but I agree w/ Aawaldrop and would not mention your company's revenue on your resume, PS, etc. Just keep it a mystery and hope they assumed $10000000+ (in which case you'd probably be an idiot to go to lawl school). It still takes a ton of courage to start and stick with a business, so I think it's a decent soft. Just won't help you actually get in, as others mentioned, unless maybe pitted against a numbers twin.
yup 60k in sales, and about 40k of which is net profit. I will not make mention of the sales on the PS. But this is part time. I go to college full time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”