Can Law schools see my other deposits? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tbird

New

Can Law schools see my other deposits?

Post by tbird » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 am

This may be a NOOB question, but I am wondering if law schools can see that you have deposited at other schools? For my situation, I am using offer from law school x to negotiate with law school y. Law school x requires the deposit before law school y. If I don't deposit, I don't want to show up to negotiate with law school y, and for them to laugh at me and say that they know I missed the deposit deadline at law school x, and why would they offer me more money?

I am fine with paying both deposits, but only if I have to.

Also, I personally doubt admissions offices even have time to check whether you paid at another school or not. Thoughts on this?

senorhosh

Bronze

Re: Can Law schools see my other deposits?

Post by senorhosh » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 am

there is a list that lsac releases after may15 that shows schools where you deposited. Before that day though, I'm not sure. Schools talk though

Purplebook

New

Re: Can Law schools see my other deposits?

Post by Purplebook » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 am

senorhosh wrote:there is a list that lsac releases after may15 that shows schools where you deposited. Before that day though, I'm not sure. Schools talk though

I've always wondered to what extent this occurs. Like does Harvard talk to Yale? Columbia to NYU? Chicago to Northwestern? BU to BC? These are all within close proximity to each other, and compete directly for students.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”