Law schools in Florida Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mergmerg

New

Law schools in Florida

Post by Mergmerg » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:02 pm

I am only seventeen years old, and have had an intrest in law for many years, as it is my junior year in highschool I think it's time to start looking at schools. I have lot of encorugment from my law teacher who was a family attorney for 37 years and my ex drama teacher who had 2 Doctories. I live in Florida, and have somewhere around $100,000 in college paid for, but, it must be in Florida. I took a pre-LSAT given to me by my law teacher and scored a 155, which I was told was very good for someone my age. I have not taken my ACT's or SAT's yet. I was wondering your opinions on good law schools in Florida and if I should attened a specialed college for my pre-law traning or going to the local community college?

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Re: Law schools in Florida

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Mergmerg wrote:I am only seventeen years old, and have had an intrest in law for many years, as it is my junior year in highschool I think it's time to start looking at schools. I have lot of encorugment from my law teacher who was a family attorney for 37 years and my ex drama teacher who had 2 Doctories. I live in Florida, and have somewhere around $100,000 in college paid for, but, it must be in Florida. I took a pre-LSAT given to me by my law teacher and scored a 155, which I was told was very good for someone my age. I have not taken my ACT's or SAT's yet. I was wondering your opinions on good law schools in Florida and if I should attened a specialed college for my pre-law traning or going to the local community college?

Ben Franklin

New

Post by Ben Franklin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 pm

At seventeen I can almost certainly guarantee that your mindset will change over the next 3-5 years. Get through a majority of your UG coursework before you even consider law.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:10 pm

there is no such thing as pre-law. go to cc

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Ben Franklin wrote:At seventeen I can almost certainly guarantee that your mindset will change over the next 3-5 years. Get through a majority of your UG coursework before you even consider law.
Franklin is right. Finish high school, take some classes in undergrad, and see if you change your mind by then.

For college, there is only one rule if your heart is set on law school: Unless you're talking about Yale, Princeton, or Harvard, go to the least expensive school you can and study whatever will give you the highest GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm

You took a PT at age 17? You need to get out more...

Ben Franklin

New

Post by Ben Franklin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:You took a PT at age 17? You need to get out more...
ROFL amen.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 am

PRgradBYU wrote:You took a PT at age 17? You need to get out more...
I didn't know what an LSAT was at age 17

Master Tofu

Bronze

Post by Master Tofu » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 am

Mergmerg wrote:I am only seventeen years old, and have had an intrest in law for many years, as it is my junior year in highschool I think it's time to start looking at schools. I have lot of encorugment from my law teacher who was a family attorney for 37 years and my ex drama teacher who had 2 Doctories. I live in Florida, and have somewhere around $100,000 in college paid for, but, it must be in Florida. I took a pre-LSAT given to me by my law teacher and scored a 155, which I was told was very good for someone my age. I have not taken my ACT's or SAT's yet. I was wondering your opinions on good law schools in Florida and if I should attened a specialed college for my pre-law traning or going to the local community college?

A paralegal certificate is very helpful. Especially if you're certified by Florida Coastal School of Law, that boosts your LSAT score by 10 points.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:35 am

Get a 4.0 and come back to TLS during the spring of your junior year.

For Florida... FSU/UF , Vandy, T14, or don't go.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm

No way this isn't a troll.

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 pm

If serious:

Go to a Community College for your first two years. Get a 4.0 GPA. Transfer to UF/FSU. Get a 4.0. Come back to TLS during your junior year and prep for the LSAT. Settle for nothing less than a 170. Go to Harvard, Yale, or Stanford. Profit.

kdog1147

New

Post by kdog1147 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 am

North wrote:If serious:

Go to a Community College for your first two years. Get a 4.0 GPA. Transfer to UF/FSU. Get a 4.0. Come back to TLS during your junior year and prep for the LSAT. Settle for nothing less than a 170. Go to Harvard, Yale, or Stanford. Profit.
Agree with above just keep that uGPA up if you really want it. Go to T14 or if you're staying in state UF/FSU (both of those will open way more doors in FL then the others). You have so much time though I'd just keep focused on keeping that GPA high. Take a bullshit major if youre sure

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”