Who should I have write my letter of recommendation ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nhsgilpen2009

New

Who should I have write my letter of recommendation ?

Post by Nhsgilpen2009 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Sorry if this seems like a dumb answer but I really do not have anyone in my university that I can get to write my letter for me. I graduate in may and I am getting my reagents which means that I have taken a broad coursework of subjects. Really did not get super close to any professors because I did not need that much help plus I work 7 days a week literally. Any thoughts or ideas ?

txdude45

Silver

Re: Who should I have write my letter of recommendation ?

Post by txdude45 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Nhsgilpen2009 wrote:Sorry if this seems like a dumb answer but I really do not have anyone in my university that I can get to write my letter for me. I graduate in may and I am getting my reagents which means that I have taken a broad coursework of subjects. Really did not get super close to any professors because I did not need that much help plus I work 7 days a week literally. Any thoughts or ideas ?
If you don't have 2 academic recommendations to send to law schools, it's going to be a tough uphill climb. Go to professors who gave you good grades and bring them your resume, school list and (most importantly) copies of the work you did in their class.

You don't need to have been "super close" to them, you just need them to have an idea of your academic achievement and promise. Hell, they may even have you write some fluffy personal stuff about yourself to help fill it out. That happened with one of mine, although I ended up not using it.

Nhsgilpen2009

New

Re: Who should I have write my letter of recommendation ?

Post by Nhsgilpen2009 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Gotcha, never had experience in doing that. Thanks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”