Should I wait until next year?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CountryRoads

New

Should I wait until next year??

Post by CountryRoads » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently took the LSATs kind of late in February and achieved a modest 156. My current GPA is a 3.4

I'm looking to apply to law schools, and have been noticing most of the deadlines are quickly approaching (April 1st or May 1st)

I'm just wondering if applying so late in the cycle would hinder my chances of getting in. None of the schools I'm looking to go to are top-tier, however I feel like most schools' seats would be already filled and I would be unlikely to get in. I still have to get LOR's and I'm not exactly the wealthiest student so I would prefer not having to waste any time or money if my chances are low because of applying so late.

Should I wait until the next cycle comes around to apply? Maybe retake the LSATs in the meantime?

Any advice???

Davidbentley

Bronze

Re: Should I wait until next year??

Post by Davidbentley » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

You answered your own question. Absolutely Retake and apply next fall with a full application and a chance at getting into a school worth attending. Study + retake = good options. Also, please stop saying "LSATs," Rachel.
Last edited by Davidbentley on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Sit out the cycle and retake. You will not regret it.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Sit out the cycle. Study hard. Retake October.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Don't apply this cycle. Gather LORs. Study hard hard hard for October. Aim for and expect to get in the 170s. Since none of the schools you are looking at are "top-tier" you should be able to attend for free (or extremely close to it).

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm

If you don't break the 160s on your LSAT (especially with your GPA), law school isn't going to be worth it. Retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”