Scholarship Essay vs. Personal Statement? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fragrock

Bronze

Scholarship Essay vs. Personal Statement?

Post by fragrock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Two questions about a "short" scholarship essay for "describing the value of public service in the legal profession" also asking to describe your previous relevant experience and future plans with public service...

1. How long should a "short essay" for a scholarship be in comparison to say, a personal statement?
2. On a similar note, my personal statement already almost exactly answers this public service scholarship prompt. Thoughts about submitting a slightly altered, but extremely relevant personal statement in a situation like this when they've already read my PS?

mls

New

Re: Scholarship Essay vs. Personal Statement?

Post by mls » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

I was in a similar situation at three schools to which I applied. I wrote separate essays and was accepted to all three schools, though I haven't heard either way about the scholarships. While my personal statement addressed the field of public service in which I currently work, I used the scholarship essay to talk about another field which interests me based on personal experience, but that I have yet to enter professionally.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”