Please answer! Phx school of law to ASU/ UofA law? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pruufreadr

New

Re: Please answer! Phx school of law to ASU/ UofA law?

Post by pruufreadr » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:26 am

PRgradBYU wrote:
pruufreadr wrote:Oh, and if Phoenix ends up still being your choice, a jump in score may get you more scholarship money--including from as late as June for August and December for January start.
Don't encourage him to attend Phoenix.
I still think this was appropriate harm-reduction. OP can have it both ways. Study, study, study, retest, and if the score still doesn't happen, a year wasn't lost. If the score happens, then it isn't a waste of a year to wait for the next cycle.

How about this, please secure a job offer from your parents before you start school at Phoenix. No COL costs, because you'll live with your successful attorney parents, right? Consider your income from your job offer when you consider whether or not the loans will be worth it.

Weshallsee

New

Post by Weshallsee » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 am

I greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts. I think everyone had led me to a greater conviction about this. Thank you.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:14 pm

AZ native here. Do not attend Phoenix under any circumstances, even for free. Anecdotes abound of unemployed PSOL grads with life-ruining debt. It's not all rainbows and butterflies at ASU and UofA, but at least you have a reasonable shot at those schools.

Studying hard for the LSAT and getting a good score is MUCH, MUCH EASIER because the test is extremely learnable (predictable) and, most importantly, it is not curved. Retake. I was accepted to ASU last year with a below-median LSAT at near-sticker. I took a year off to work, save, study and retake. I'm now above their 75th percentile and I wouldn't be surprised to get an almost-full-ride scholly this year. The math works out to be over $200/hr that I earned in scholarship money per hour of additional LSAT study. It's a no-brainer.

Goblin Tacos

New

Post by Goblin Tacos » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Weshallsee wrote:I greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts. I think everyone had led me to a greater conviction about this. Thank you.
Def a flame

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”