Error on my GPA in LSAC Academic Summary Report Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
star fox

Diamond

Error on my GPA in LSAC Academic Summary Report

Post by star fox » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

So I went to check my Academic Summary Report listed on LSAC and found that my GPA was lower than what LSDAS calculator predictors told me.

I figured out why. My Sophomore year included two A+ for a total of six credit hours. However, LSAC has these as only being As. I know they count A+ as being 4.33 instead of 4.0 and they reflected this on the other years producing a higher GPA than my uGPA which doesn't count A+ as more than A. LSAC's mistake took what would have been a 4.0 for my sophomore year and changed it to a 3.94. When averaged with my other years this moved my cumulative LSDAS GPA from being a 3.83 to a 3.81.

Anyone know how I should get this rectified? The schools I've applied to already see my GPA as being a 3.81 instead of a 3.83 so it probably won't do me much good this cycle. I know it's such a trivial difference but I'd still like to be credited for a higher GPA which could move me from being in the 86th percentile of my school to being a little higher.

Dmini7

Silver

Re: Error on my GPA in LSAC Academic Summary Report

Post by Dmini7 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 pm

john7234797 wrote:So I went to check my Academic Summary Report listed on LSAC and found that my GPA was lower than what LSDAS calculator predictors told me.

I figured out why. My Sophomore year included two A+ for a total of six credit hours. However, LSAC has these as only being As. I know they count A+ as being 4.33 instead of 4.0 and they reflected this on the other years producing a higher GPA than my uGPA which doesn't count A+ as more than A. LSAC's mistake took what would have been a 4.0 for my sophomore year and changed it to a 3.94. When averaged with my other years this moved my cumulative LSDAS GPA from being a 3.83 to a 3.81.

Anyone know how I should get this rectified? The schools I've applied to already see my GPA as being a 3.81 instead of a 3.83 so it probably won't do me much good this cycle. I know it's such a trivial difference but I'd still like to be credited for a higher GPA which could move me from being in the 86th percentile of my school to being a little higher.
Are you sure your transcript has them as A+'s? I thought LSAC literally just transfers over the grades on your transcript... You could send an updated transcript to them and they will recalculate the LSDAS GPA for you. With that said, it is trivial, and really I do not see it altering any decisions you may receive. Personally, I think its a long process for no gain, but if you really want it fixed tell them the issue.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 pm

john7234797 wrote:So I went to check my Academic Summary Report listed on LSAC and found that my GPA was lower than what LSDAS calculator predictors told me.

Join the club, brah. LSAC is infamous for snubbing people a few fractions of a point on their GPAs.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Dmini7 wrote:

Are you sure your transcript has them as A+'s? I thought LSAC literally just transfers over the grades on your transcript... You could send an updated transcript to them and they will recalculate the LSDAS GPA for you. With that said, it is trivial, and really I do not see it altering any decisions you may receive. Personally, I think its a long process for no gain, but if you really want it fixed tell them the issue.
Yes, it says A+ on my school's Final Grades and Academic Summary page. Could only think that there was a clerical error somehow in entering that semester's GPA. Thinking about sitting the cycle out and applying again next year. Will need to send an updated transcript anyway to include senior year grades. So hopefully it gets rectified then.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Dmini7 wrote:

Yes, it says A+ on my school's Final Grades and Academic Summary page. Could only think that there was a clerical error somehow in entering that semester's GPA. Thinking about sitting the cycle out and applying again next year. Will need to send an updated transcript anyway to include senior year grades. So hopefully it gets rectified then.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Just call them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”