Decided I'm more comfortable with next cycle... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mqt

Gold

Decided I'm more comfortable with next cycle...

Post by mqt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:22 am

Will applying this late have any effect on my cycle next fall?

Edited out info.
Last edited by mqt on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crowing

Gold

Re: Decided I'm more comfortable with next cycle...

Post by Crowing » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 am

Edit: nvm sending you a PM

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 am

Have you graduated yet? You might want to take another year of classes, just to get that GPA into the 3's.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 am

Mqt wrote:Due to some personal situations and an opportunity to get Full Time work for the year, I've come to the conclusion that next cycle might be an ideal one for me. However, I'm still toying around with the idea of sending in apps this weekend and seeing if I could still get in at a T14. Essentially, my apps are pretty much ready to submit, but I'm now afraid of there being negative consequences to taking a shot at this stage for next year.

My numbers are 171/2.98, with an addendum for my GPA and a very strong upward trend. The plan would be to work full time for the year, try a new strategy for re-taking the LSAT in June and putting in apps as soon as they become available next fall. My dream schools are UVA, NU and UM.

So my question is, will putting in a late flier at these schools have any effect on my cycle next fall?
I don't believe it will hurt you. If I were in your shoes, I would make sure to so SOMETHING noteworthy and explain why you withdrew your apps next cycle. As in, do x and then tell them you did x and that's why you didn't go.

Also, as the above poster mentioned, you may want to try to boost that gpa if at all possible. To get great success with that gpa you may want to try for a higher lsat as well. think you know that though..

mqt

Gold

Post by mqt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 pm

toothbrush wrote: I don't believe it will hurt you. If I were in your shoes, I would make sure to so SOMETHING noteworthy and explain why you withdrew your apps next cycle. As in, do x and then tell them you did x and that's why you didn't go.

Also, as the above poster mentioned, you may want to try to boost that gpa if at all possible. To get great success with that gpa you may want to try for a higher lsat as well. think you know that though..
Well, I'm not really withdrawing. My apps aren't yet sent. My GPA is definitely an anchor, but I have graduated, so I'm hoping I can do better on the LSAT in June. If I could get the score up a little, I'd have some optimism at Northwestern, at least.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm

There is no harm in reapplying

Jose Reyes

New

Post by Jose Reyes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

If you think you can improve in June, definitely go ahead and do that and apply in September/October when apps open.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Rondo out until next season, MQT out until next cycle. Good luck on the retake bud.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”