Status checker: is there an easier way?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JayJones78

Gold

Status checker: is there an easier way??

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I have over 20 apps pending. I find it so time consuming and pretty much annoying to each time go to the schools website, look for the status checker link (which is sometimes so hard to find!!). The links that came with the initial email do not work for me for some reason.

I found this website : --LinkRemoved-- but it appears the person running it hadn't done any updates since last November..

Edit: I tried DL it and it does not work...

Is there an easier way to check your status or a website that houses all the direct links to the status checker pages of schools?

I find the process incredibly annoying, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks!

P.S: for the life of me I can't find the link to GW's status checker.

bluepenguin

Bronze

Re: Status checker: is there an easier way??

Post by bluepenguin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Have you found any through the school websites? Can you just bookmark them? That's what I did.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:44 pm

The app works fine for me. Are you sure you're setting it up correctly?

steakandchicken

New

Post by steakandchicken » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm

lsstatuscheck.com didn't work for me on my mac but I set up my Windows netbook to just run that program and it sends me text messages and emails when there is an update on my 15 apps. It eliminated the need to use the regular status checkers for each school.

If you don't have a Windows machine, or you still have trouble, I would just bookmark the pages as suggested earlier. There is usually an admissions page that has a check status link. You can't bookmark the direct link to the status checker, which is annoying.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Stay away from status checking,

Unsuccessful advice giver

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 pm

steakandchicken wrote:lsstatuscheck.com didn't work for me on my mac but I set up my Windows netbook to just run that program and it sends me text messages and emails when there is an update on my 15 apps. It eliminated the need to use the regular status checkers for each school.

If you don't have a Windows machine, or you still have trouble, I would just bookmark the pages as suggested earlier. There is usually an admissions page that has a check status link. You can't bookmark the direct link to the status checker, which is annoying.
It appears now that it's touch and go on my Mac

Still can't find the GW status checker link.

On a side note I'd add that it looks like some schools almost don't want you to find the status checker page and you need to go through 3 different links to find it. So annoying. I don't know why LSAC does't let you monitor it through them. They already control the universe. What's one more thing??

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 pm

It appears that the law school status check software is working for now. It's missing a few schools but overall if it actually works it'll be incredible!!

bananapudding88

Bronze

Post by bananapudding88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Do you have to have the LS Status Checker open at all times for you to receive emails? e.g. if I have the program set up on my Mac and I have my Mac closed while i'm at work, will I still receive an email if there's an update on one my apps?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 pm

aiaea wrote:Do you have to have the LS Status Checker open at all times for you to receive emails? e.g. if I have the program set up on my Mac and I have my Mac closed while i'm at work, will I still receive an email if there's an update on one my apps?
I was asking myself the same thing! I think that if its completely shut down then it'll prob won't preform the update but I'm unsure if the same is happening when it's asleep :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

steakandchicken

New

Post by steakandchicken » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

The software needs to be running in order to pull all the data from your status checkers. You might want to adjust the time it takes for your laptop/computer to go to sleep in order to avoid it cutting you off from updates. Like I said, I just took my netbook and have it set up to just run and never go to sleep or turn off. Although it really doesn't need to run all night, because most schools aren't up at 2am with our apps.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

steakandchicken wrote:The software needs to be running in order to pull all the data from your status checkers. You might want to adjust the time it takes for your laptop/computer to go to sleep in order to avoid it cutting you off from updates. Like I said, I just took my netbook and have it set up to just run and never go to sleep or turn off. Although it really doesn't need to run all night, because most schools aren't up at 2am with our apps.
I sure hope some are!! If I'm staying awake some adcomms should do the same! :wink:

I think you're advice hold for M-F and that's what I'll do. Over the weekend though I don't believe any status will change but again IMHO admission is a 247 job :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”