Employment - Research Experience (paid) REU Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Aawaldrop

Bronze

Employment - Research Experience (paid) REU

Post by Aawaldrop » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 am

When completing applications I am running into trouble filling out the employment section. I have 2+ years experience doing physics and mathematics research and was paid during. I have it on my résumé and my question is whether I should fill it out under this section and how do I do this?

For example: 8 weeks paid research (REU) doing about 30 hours a week.
Would I put this under the employment information or in the extracurricular/activities boxes below?

TripTrip

Gold

Re: Employment - Research Experience (paid) REU

Post by TripTrip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 am

Aawaldrop wrote:When completing applications I am running into trouble filling out the employment section. I have 2+ years experience doing physics and mathematics research and was paid during. I have it on my résumé and my question is whether I should fill it out under this section and how do I do this?

Would I put this under the employment information or in the extracurricular/activities boxes below?
Pick whichever one you think makes more sense and don't fret about it too much.

Aawaldrop

Bronze

Re: Employment - Research Experience (paid) REU

Post by Aawaldrop » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Aawaldrop wrote:When completing applications I am running into trouble filling out the employment section. I have 2+ years experience doing physics and mathematics research and was paid during. I have it on my résumé and my question is whether I should fill it out under this section and how do I do this?

Pick whichever one you think makes more sense and don't fret about it too much.
Okay thanks. It just seems redundant because it is spelled out explicitly in my Resume.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”