Post December Fee Waivers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
StillIll

Bronze

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Post by StillIll » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
StillIll wrote:Yeah I just got that e-mail as well. Same wording as yours. Not really considering ND so I'm not too worried, but it is a weird message for sure.
I am considering ND and was gonna submit my app in a few days. Should I email them back and ask them what further information they need? Or how should I go about it?

Is calling them an option? Maybe a dumb question but I haven't had a reason to try and reach an admissions office via phone. If you can you should - it will eliminate the inter-email reply uncertainty, and will probably get you an answer quicker. You can at least also say you know for a fact you're not the only one who is experincing this.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 pm

I solicited a fee waiver a couple hours ago from Chicago and they just responded with their generic "throughout the application process, the Law School may send out fee waivers to applicants based upon data from the Candidate Referral Service (CRS) and in conjunction with various recruiting events" spiel.

Anyone think it's worth it to ask for a time frame on when they'll send their CRS- / merit-based fee waivers?

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Ok so I got a positive response back from Georgetown just barely. Thatll save eighty bucks.

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I solicited a fee waiver a couple hours ago from Chicago and they just responded with their generic "throughout the application process, the Law School may send out fee waivers to applicants based upon data from the Candidate Referral Service (CRS) and in conjunction with various recruiting events" spiel.

Anyone think it's worth it to ask for a time frame on when they'll send their CRS- / merit-based fee waivers?
I don't think they are going to send out any more...IMO we're too deep into the cycle at this point. The CRS ship sailed last week...kinda bummed

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Bummer. Guess I'm not applying there now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”