Application questions: teaching credential Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gtrbrndn

New

Application questions: teaching credential

Post by gtrbrndn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm

For application purposes, does a teaching credential (not a masters degree in teaching) count as graduate school? If so, do I need to submit a transcript for the school, and does it count toward my GPA? Can't find any reliable information online.

When I applied last year (before listening to your advice and retaking) I included this information on my resume, but not in the education fields of the apps. None of the schools asked for a transcript, but I'm not sure that means I acted correctly.

BullShitWithBravado

Bronze

Re: Application questions: teaching credential

Post by BullShitWithBravado » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:46 pm

You should probably contact the school that you received the credential from and ask them directly whether the credential counts as grad school. They would probably know since they probably get asked that all the time. To double-check you could also ask your UG career services office. Obviously don't quote me on this, but I would assume that your GPA from your credential won't be factored into your UG GPA unless it was part of your UG coursework. If you did well in your credential class, you should definitely put that GPA next to your credential on your resume though, since it can't hurt.

gtrbrndn

New

Post by gtrbrndn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

BullShitWithBravado wrote:You should probably contact the school that you received the credential from and ask them directly whether the credential counts as grad school. They would probably know since they probably get asked that all the time. To double-check you could also ask your UG career services office. Obviously don't quote me on this, but I would assume that your GPA from your credential won't be factored into your UG GPA unless it was part of your UG coursework. If you did well in your credential class, you should definitely put that GPA next to your credential on your resume though, since it can't hurt.
Thank you for the reply!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I applied a couple of years ago, but back then all courses taken after your first undergraduate degree (even if they didn't result in a graduate degree) counted as "graduate school." So, I had to submit my transcript to LSAC, it was reported, but it did not count as part of my uGPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”