LOR Questions- Easy, but still need help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hallbd16

New

LOR Questions- Easy, but still need help

Post by hallbd16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 am

If I designate a LOR to go to all the schools then it will correct? The lsac screen does not confirm the letters that are being sent to schools (ie upon checkout, review the application), other than the designation to "send it to all schools" in the LOR screen page. I assume so, but this is me being super anal, so feel free to ignore and answer the second question :oops:

Second, I am still waiting/ done waiting on a third and final LOR from my former employer. I have two academic LORs but really wanted the third one because it complements my theme throughout, "education law." and ed. reform. But I am pretty much done waiting for my former principal to send it out. I assume it is not the lsac holiday delay anymore, since they have been upon a couple days. I told the former boss that I am sending in my apps and to let me know if lsac has made a mistake regarding his incomplete LOR.
Can I easily have lsac send it to the schools once (if) he completes it?

TripTrip

Gold

Re: LOR Questions- Easy, but still need help

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 am

hallbd16 wrote:If I designate a LOR to go to all the schools then it will correct? The lsac screen does not confirm the letters that are being sent to schools (ie upon checkout, review the application), other than the designation to "send it to all schools" in the LOR screen page. I assume so, but this is me being super anal, so feel free to ignore and answer the second question :oops:
No. You need to assign letters to each school by clicking the "assign" button.

hallbd16

New

Post by hallbd16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 am

TripTrip wrote:
hallbd16 wrote:If I designate a LOR to go to all the schools then it will correct? The lsac screen does not confirm the letters that are being sent to schools (ie upon checkout, review the application), other than the designation to "send it to all schools" in the LOR screen page. I assume so, but this is me being super anal, so feel free to ignore and answer the second question :oops:
No. You need to assign letters to each school by clicking the "assign" button.
Thanks. Glad I asked that then.

Anyone with advice on the second question?

hallbd16

New

Post by hallbd16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 am

Bump. Yeah, a bit quick for one, but I am hoping to send out my applications within the hour if possible.

Can I add LORs to my applications after I have submitted them? Can I still do it through LSAC? It is not easy for me to get 15 pre-addressed envelopes to my former employer for him to send to each school (I am living abroad at the moment).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”