December LSAT - Applying Timeline Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
az21833

Silver

December LSAT - Applying Timeline

Post by az21833 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

I took the December LSAT. I have an October LSAT score but I do not want my application to be judged solely on that.

Not expecting scores back until about 1/2/2013.

If i complete applications before 1/2/2013:

1) Will there be a chance schools only judge me based off my October score if I submit?
2) Will it meaningfully help my application to submit right away, given it wont be reviewed until 1/2/2013 anyway?

The reason I am asking is that I would preferably like to take the extra time to tidy up my essays and also I want to make sure I do better on the December LSAT before submitting an addendum.

TripTrip

Gold

Re: December LSAT - Applying Timeline

Post by TripTrip » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

az21833 wrote: also I want to make sure I do better on the December LSAT before submitting an addendum.
The general recommendation for LSAT score increases is not to submit an addendum unless you have a legit reason. Legit reasons include a death in the family, loss of limb or eyesight, or passing a kidney stone during the exam. If there were disruptions in the exam, like construction in the neighboring room, appeal to LSAC and have them submit a letter for you to confirm it. Bad reasons to write an addendum: I didn't study hard enough the first time, it was during finals, I was PTing higher than my score, I just couldn't concentrate, and I didn't pick a very good "lucky letter" to bubble in when I ran out of time.

basketball law guy

New

Post by basketball law guy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

I am in the same position. I did apply to about 7 "safe" schools and all of them have acknowledged on their status tracker that I took the December LSAT. Application is listed as incomplete pending receipt of score (which I hope increases 6-8 points). I am waiting to apply to my "reach" schools until I get the December results.

Big Dog

Silver

Post by Big Dog » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

1) Will there be a chance schools only judge me based off my October score if I submit?
Depends on the LS and whether you check the box that you are retaking. Many/most will see the check box and just hold your app, unless you specifically tell them to review your app without the new score. But realistically, that probably ain't gonna happen now anyway, given the fact that the holidays are right around the corner. I would guess that the Admissions Committee is about to check out until Jan 2.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”