Sending updated transcripts Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Charlie.Home

Bronze

Sending updated transcripts

Post by Charlie.Home » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I was having a hard time finding this information on LSAC.org...

I am going to send LSAC an updated transcript ASAP once fall grades are released. Once LSAC processes them, do I need to contact schools and notify them to request a new CAS report from LSAC? Or, will LSAC send an updated CAS report automatically (without the schools requesting it)? I am also going to send a few schools another letter of recommendation .. So I believe this questions applies to this as well.

Thanks.

eav1277

Bronze

Re: Sending updated transcripts

Post by eav1277 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:08 pm

+1

Also interested.

princessofpower

New

Post by princessofpower » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Interested as well. This semester is likely to have a positive impact on my LSAC gpa.

SPerez

Bronze

Post by SPerez » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

All updates (LOR, transcripts, new scores) are automatically sent to every law school you applied to. Schools you apply to after the updates will get everything together in one packet/file (depending on whether they are paperless or not).

Schools have different preferences for the frequency with which they want to receive updates and how (e.g. once a week, immediately for everything, bundled with other updates, etc.), but no point in worrying about that because you can't do anything about it and it's different for every school (even changing for the same school depending on the time of year).

If you've already been denied, most schools have their settings so that updates stop once an applicant has been denied so in that case they wouldn't automatically receive updates.

Stephen Perez
Asst. Dean
Texas Tech School of Law

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”