Adding an LOR? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
turnercr

New

Adding an LOR?

Post by turnercr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm

So I made it a point to apply very early on in the cycle, but I just recently received an additional LOR.

If I add this letter to my files that are marked as "complete" or "in review," will it send me to the back of the line to be reviewed?

Might be a silly question.... but I'm just trying to make the best decision.

Thanks.

turnercr

New

Re: Adding an LOR?

Post by turnercr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm

bump

djwjddl

Bronze

Post by djwjddl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm

turnercr wrote:So I made it a point to apply very early on in the cycle, but I just recently received an additional LOR.

If I add this letter to my files that are marked as "complete" or "in review," will it send me to the back of the line to be reviewed?

Might be a silly question.... but I'm just trying to make the best decision.

Thanks.
doubt that you'll be sent to the back of the line. but what the heck do i know? best thing to do (when in doubt) is call the admissions office directly. no one on here will know the answer to your question better than them.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm

1) do you already have 2 LOR's in?
- If yes, then make sure this third is of actual value.

2) do you not have an academic LOR but this one is an academic one?
- If yes then submit it.

darkgrayclouds

New

Post by darkgrayclouds » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi,

I am in this same boat. I applied in early November with one academic LOR and one non-academic LOR. This approach did not prevent me from getting into several good schools so far. However, I wish I would have done my research ahead of time and taken note that Yale discourages non-academic LORs. Today I assigned a third LOR to Yale via LSAC -- a letter written by one of my previous professors. I hope it will not be too late to compensate for my previous oversight.

My question is: Will LSAC still send this new LOR even though my application has already been received and complete for 2 months?

Thanks for your help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”