Recommendation letters /LSAC. help! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gogolaw

New

Recommendation letters /LSAC. help!

Post by gogolaw » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am

My school will pass on my recommendation letters to LSAC on my behalf.
I have two recommendation letters and one additional letter explaining why I took the course as pass/fail when i actually got A on that course. As my GPA is not too high, I thought it would be helpful to have that letter.

I have two questions.
1) Do you think it would look too trivial to have that note-like "recommendation letter"?
2) Can I still choose not to submit to law schools when the letter is already in the LSAC file (sent from my school)?

Zoomie

Bronze

Re: Recommendation letters /LSAC. help!

Post by Zoomie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 pm

You should have done a GPA addendum to explain the GPA, not a LOR.

Also, when submitting apps to law schools you can choose which LORs go to the schools. This allows for school specific LORs to be submitted to only the schools you choose. Most schools require a minimum of two though.

The only thing you can't choose to have LSAC send is your academic report which they compile and your LSAT scores.

gogolaw

New

Post by gogolaw » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks Zoomie!

Do you know how i can add that GPA addendum?

voytek

Bronze

Post by voytek » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm

The applications for most schools on LSAC have a section for addenda, usually at the bottom of the list of sections. You should be able to attach it there.

If a school doesn't have one, I would assume you could email it to the admissions office as an attachment after you send in your application.

Zoomie

Bronze

Post by Zoomie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 pm

voytek wrote:The applications for most schools on LSAC have a section for addenda, usually at the bottom of the list of sections. You should be able to attach it there.

If a school doesn't have one, I would assume you could email it to the admissions office as an attachment after you send in your application.

or if it doesn't, you can add it under miscellaneous or other. I can't remember which it says. At the end of the app you can upload additional docs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”