Technicalities on LOR: Is this going to create a problem? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Steve2207

Bronze

Technicalities on LOR: Is this going to create a problem?

Post by Steve2207 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:05 pm

One of my recommenders sent me copy of my LOR that he mailed to LSAC. It is a very well written letter, but in it he mentions I was in the military for 3 years, only problem is I was only in for 2! Is this going to be a big deal? It’s already been mailed, and I think his letter would be helpful, but I am concerned that this may look bad. Also, he wrote my name Stephen, not Steven. On the other hand, I wouldn’t have even saw it if he weren’t kind enough to send me a copy. Am I being overly worried, or do I need to ask him if he would consider making changes and resubmitting?

Steve2207

Bronze

Re: Technicalities on LOR: Is this going to create a problem?

Post by Steve2207 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Bump.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:18 pm

If you hadn't seen it, it would've gone ahead and probably wouldn't be a problem. I'd let it go.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm

I wouldn't worry about it - admissions folks know that letters of recommendations are written by third parties who don't know you perfectly. Also, since applicants frequently don't even get the chance to see the LOR, they're not going to hold you responsible for errors. At worst, they might ask you for clarification, but more likely, they'll just look to the rest of your package to get the straight dope on things like the spelling of your name or your military service.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”