Application Status Checker and Admission Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WalkingPlato

Bronze

Application Status Checker and Admission

Post by WalkingPlato » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi. I applied to several schools and received login information to check the status of my application. Under the payment section, some only show the app fee payment (or waived) but some show the deposit for first year ($0). Do you think that the first year/second year deposit thing might hint that they might be leaning to accept, since looking to see if depositing money for first year is a question more relevant after being accepted? I know the obvious rebuttal. Each school does things differently, so the difference in adding the first year deposit indicates nothing. But, the status checker website they all used is the same, and the login information I received for all is the same, only leading to different schools' applications and their statuses. It seems odd that they would then differ on the payment section.

I am not arguing that this is a way to tell 100%. I'm not trying to publish this argument. I just thought it was interesting and want to know what you think.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Re: Application Status Checker and Admission

Post by WhiteyCakes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 pm

And what about the font size? Do you think that larger font size could indicate greater admissions chances?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm

No.
Schools use the site differently. Some schools will eventually fill in every little piece of info, and some will never tell you anything besides "application complete."

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 am

Pretty unrelated question but I was wondering... does the application status checker usually show anything before you'd get an email about the decision? i.e. once my applications are all complete, is there any point in obsessively checking those application status checkers?

Vincent

Bronze

Post by Vincent » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 am

Sometimes. For example, my Duke one right now says "Current Status: Decision made; watch for email"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pumpkin_Pie

New

Post by Pumpkin_Pie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 am

Seat deposit = not important

Status = varying degrees of importance

Some status checkers will tell you what decision the ad comm has made, before the mail packet or email gets sent out. Some will only tell you that a decision was made. Some are really slow and will still say "application under review" after a result has been sent out.

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Vincent wrote:Sometimes. For example, my Duke one right now says "Current Status: Decision made; watch for email"
What date did you submit your application? I assume you have Priority Review?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”