Law Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HuskyHopeful

New

Law Resume

Post by HuskyHopeful » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Question:
I was a Comp Sci major during undergrad. As a result, the resume i have inst really tailored for law school. Below is the template i utilize. However, the relevant coursework section needs to be replaced. All of the courses I have taken during undergrad are engineering, math, or computer science classes. I only took a handful of humanities. What should I do instead of this section?

Objective
Education
Related Coursework
Employment History (2 most recent jobs)
Activities / Achievements
Volunteer Activities

lovelyx09

New

Re: Law Resume

Post by lovelyx09 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

You should just take related coursework out. They don't care. Objective too.

spicyyoda17

Bronze

Post by spicyyoda17 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:48 pm

lovelyx09 wrote:You should just take related coursework out. They don't care. Objective too.
+1

Just have these sections: education (split between honors and activities), experience, and additional (call this one personal/interests/whatever)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
lovelyx09 wrote:You should just take related coursework out. They don't care. Objective too.
+1

Just have these sections: education (split between honors and activities), experience, and additional (call this one personal/interests/whatever)
+1

If you have multiple of both, you could separate Volunteer Experience and Work Experience, but otherwise keep them together as just Experience.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:
+1

+1

If you have multiple of both, you could separate Volunteer Experience and Work Experience, but otherwise keep them together as just Experience.
And I would only recommend that if your volunteer experience is being used as the basis for another part of your application (e.g. personal statement), or it's EXTENSIVE (in caps so you know I'm serious).

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Duke posts a sample law resume on their website:

http://law.duke.edu/career/profdev/resume/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”