ED or Regular at UVA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2012Split177

New

ED or Regular at UVA

Post by 2012Split177 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:51 am

Finally got the LSAT result in, and very pleased with my 177. I've been out of school with significant government work experience since 2009, but only got a 3.3 GPA with a humanities major at a top public school.

I want to work in Virginia law and government, and I love everything I see about UVA. With my numbers, do I take the better chance on ED?
Last edited by 2012Split177 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Re: ED or Regular at UVA

Post by 2014 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 am

So you are absolutely positive you prefer UVA to schools above it? I respect that you have an idea of what you want to do, but there are other schools you would get into that give you better plan B's.

That being said if you focus entirely on UVA then you shouldn't need to ED and they would probably consider giving you a small scholarship. You have a real interest that you can express in a Why UVA essay so hopefully that prevents you from getting WL'd. It would just be a waste to see someone with your numbers pull the ED trigger.

2012Split177

New

Re: ED or Regular at UVA

Post by 2012Split177 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm

2014 wrote:So you are absolutely positive you prefer UVA to schools above it? I respect that you have an idea of what you want to do, but there are other schools you would get into that give you better plan B's.

That being said if you focus entirely on UVA then you shouldn't need to ED and they would probably consider giving you a small scholarship. You have a real interest that you can express in a Why UVA essay so hopefully that prevents you from getting WL'd. It would just be a waste to see someone with your numbers pull the ED trigger.
Thanks. Looks like I'll be applying regular to UVA, and also to NYU, Harvard, Duke, Columbia, W&M, W&L, Michigan, and Georgetown. Still probably prefer UVA to NYU/Columbia, but I guess I'll see how it all shakes out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”