Drop in the third score? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WalkingPlato

Bronze

Drop in the third score?

Post by WalkingPlato » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi. I had pretty good scores the first two times (increasing the second time) but now dropped a bit the third time. How bad is this? Will law school just look at my highest score or am I pretty much looking at the lower score?

mmbt123

New

Re: Drop in the third score?

Post by mmbt123 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 am

It'll depend on the schools you apply to (some just take the highest) but I've been told that they look for upward trends. I retook a second time, dropped, and my prelaw advisor told me I had to take again to do at least as well as my first score.

I don't know if that applies to you though b/c of the x3 per two yrs rule.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

mmbt123 wrote: I retook a second time, dropped, and my prelaw advisor told me I had to take again to do at least as well as my first score.
Oh, pre-law advisers...

To OP - It would be better to not have that lower score, but you still have the higher score on your record. Most schools will still take the highest, and even some that say they average actually just look at the highest (which you can see when you look at the data behind-the-scenes).

I wouldn't worry about it, especially since you can't really do much about it at this point. I'd still apply to schools as if they're going to count the higher score, but send out an extra safety app or two out just in case.

WalkingPlato

Bronze

Post by WalkingPlato » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:25 pm

bp shinners wrote:
mmbt123 wrote: I retook a second time, dropped, and my prelaw advisor told me I had to take again to do at least as well as my first score.
Oh, pre-law advisers...

To OP - It would be better to not have that lower score, but you still have the higher score on your record. Most schools will still take the highest, and even some that say they average actually just look at the highest (which you can see when you look at the data behind-the-scenes).

I wouldn't worry about it, especially since you can't really do much about it at this point. I'd still apply to schools as if they're going to count the higher score, but send out an extra safety app or two out just in case.
That's what I was thinking but it still hurt to see the lower score. My family has been treating me like I have a disease, walking around on eggshells around me as if one wrong word or reference to the LSAT could kill me haha..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”