Question Regarding Application Timing Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fussell

New

Question Regarding Application Timing

Post by Fussell » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 am

I've been reading the posts on TLS for over a year, and everyone who posts here is very helpful. I am familiar with the consensus that the earlier one can apply the better. I am currently wondering what difference applying shortly after LSAT scores are released this coming week and perhaps a week from then will have, if any. Will the weeklong delay have an effect on my chances? I imagine there is a flood of applications after scores are released. Additional information: I will likely be competitive at the T14 schools to which I am applying.

Br3v

Gold

Re: Question Regarding Application Timing

Post by Br3v » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:06 am

Fussell wrote:I've been reading the posts on TLS for over a year, and everyone who posts here is very helpful. I am familiar with the consensus that the earlier one can apply the better. I am currently wondering what difference applying shortly after LSAT scores are released this coming week and perhaps a week from then will have, if any. Will the weeklong delay have an effect on my chances? I imagine there is a flood of applications after scores are released. Additional information: I will likely be competitive at the T14 schools to which I am applying.
Not really, only benefit might be the adcom can see "hey this person clearly had it all ready and just waited in score" but I highly doubt a week, even 2, makes a huge difference.

Fussell

New

Re: Question Regarding Application Timing

Post by Fussell » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:34 am

Br3v wrote:
Fussell wrote:I've been reading the posts on TLS for over a year, and everyone who posts here is very helpful. I am familiar with the consensus that the earlier one can apply the better. I am currently wondering what difference applying shortly after LSAT scores are released this coming week and perhaps a week from then will have, if any. Will the weeklong delay have an effect on my chances? I imagine there is a flood of applications after scores are released. Additional information: I will likely be competitive at the T14 schools to which I am applying.
Not really, only benefit might be the adcom can see "hey this person clearly had it all ready and just waited in score" but I highly doubt a week, even 2, makes a huge difference.
Thanks. I'll take that time to continue working on my unfortunate personal statement.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”