GPA Addendum... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mqt

Gold

GPA Addendum...

Post by mqt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I apologize for yet another GPA addendum thread, but I haven't yet found advice pertaining to this question.

During my freshman year, my father completely cut me out of his life for no reason. I'd had issues with depression in the past, and tried anti-depressants to little help. The depression worsened, and I floundered, which genuinely affected my GPA. After a semester in which I failed two classes, I decided to take a more proactive approach. I sought counseling for this, started exercising to feel better about myself and was able to get myself happy and off anti-depressants entirely. Since then, I have had grades in the 3.6-3.7 range over the past 4 semesters, and have really turned the corner.

Is this type of depression something that lends itself to an addendum, or does it just make me look weak? I'm really not sure if it would harm my application or not.

mqt

Gold

Re: GPA Addendum...

Post by mqt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Just one quick little bump. Hoping for some advice.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:06 am

I think that it works.

Just try to make it more concise. There are a lot of unnecessary words and descriptions. Oh, can you please take the conjunctions out? I don't think that they have a place in an addendum.

Otherwise, good luck with your cycle!

mqt

Gold

Post by mqt » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

SumStalwart wrote:I think that it works.

Just try to make it more concise. There are a lot of unnecessary words and descriptions. Oh, can you please take the conjunctions out? I don't think that they have a place in an addendum.

Otherwise, good luck with your cycle!
Oh yes, sorry. That isn't the addendum I would be submitting. Just laying out the circumstances to ask if it's a situation worthy of an addendum or if it hurts me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”