How bad does this transcript look? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FR09

New

How bad does this transcript look?

Post by FR09 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I have three non-punitive W and If my grade does not improve,I’m thinking about adding another one to it. I would have to stay an extra semester because is a prerequisite for another class.

I’m currently in my fourth year of college and I plan to stay another year to meet the requirements for a professional certification that I want to obtain. I plan to work on that field before applying to law school.

Last semester a family member was going through the last stages of a terminal illness and she was living with me , so my grades were not the first thing on my mind.

So for that semester I got two A’s , one C , one D and one non-punitive W. Previously I had a strong upward trend (3.6 , 4.0 , 4.0) and a cumulative gpa of 3.62. My gpa took a hit of .10 because of those two grades.

I’m doing well now in almost all the classes , but I’m still struggling on the second part of the class I got a D from.

I still have time to turn it around but the deadline to withdraw is fast approaching.

wert3813

Silver

Re: How bad does this transcript look?

Post by wert3813 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Last edited by wert3813 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FR09

New

Re: How bad does this transcript look?

Post by FR09 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

wert3813 wrote:
Look bad for what? Top 6? Top 14? Top 30? It not ideal but I would think 4 W on a 3.7 is better than 3 W on a 3.55. Others on here are way more qualified to answer.

Alternate answer: get your ass in gear study for that class like you would the LSAT and get that D up.
The D is from the previous semester, so that's a done deal.

I'm currently taking the second part of that class , I still have 3 exams to go ( one this week). I feel good about the material but I won't know until I take the exam.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”