Should I explain increase in LSAT scores in apps? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WalkingPlato

Bronze

Should I explain increase in LSAT scores in apps?

Post by WalkingPlato » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi. I have varying LSAT scores. The second increased by about 5 points. I took it again and I am 75% sure it will increase, perhaps not again by about 5 points but 2 or 3 wouldn't be unlikely. I spoke to a pre-law advisor and she said that I shouldn't explain the increases in the scores and that the scores should be able to just talk for themselves. But, the scores are the ones asking the question, "What happened that allowed me to get a higher score each time?" And I think it's a bit weird to just not say anything. But, if I decide to talk about the increases, I can't explain some of the scores since I expected much higher results but was not given my answer sheet or the test (February LSAT). For each test, I practiced at the same score range (a bit higher - by about 1 or 2 points- for the last test but the tests were the ones I already took). I now have a choice between saying something about the increases but not giving specific or concrete answers or not saying anything at all. What should I do?

1TLStudent

New

Re: Should I explain increase in LSAT scores in apps?

Post by 1TLStudent » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:Hi. I have varying LSAT scores. The second increased by about 5 points. I took it again and I am 75% sure it will increase, perhaps not again by about 5 points but 2 or 3 wouldn't be unlikely. I spoke to a pre-law advisor and she said that I shouldn't explain the increases in the scores and that the scores should be able to just talk for themselves. But, the scores are the ones asking the question, "What happened that allowed me to get a higher score each time?" And I think it's a bit weird to just not say anything. But, if I decide to talk about the increases, I can't explain some of the scores since I expected much higher results but was not given my answer sheet or the test (February LSAT). For each test, I practiced at the same score range (a bit higher - by about 1 or 2 points- for the last test but the tests were the ones I already took). I now have a choice between saying something about the increases but not giving specific or concrete answers or not saying anything at all. What should I do?
personally I would talk about the jump from the 1st to the 3rd (as long as it is higher than the second).

dba415

New

Re: Should I explain increase in LSAT scores in apps?

Post by dba415 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 pm

uhh, schools expect scores to increase. I would maybe be worried if you dropped -5 on your 2nd time around.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”