Should I still take the LSAT? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
quinnmittens

New

Should I still take the LSAT?

Post by quinnmittens » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 pm

So I have been studying for awhile for the lsat. My diagnostic score was a 139 and the highest score that I have received when taking practice test was a 157. I generally score between 152-155. I want to receive at lest a 160, but this test is starting to consume my life and I have no social life now.

I have been studying since March. I quit my job as a Part-Time Model for Ford Models to study for this test so I can barely pay my bills and my student loan. I have to rely on my parents for that and they are starting to get annoyed.

I want to apply to law school this cycle so I can get back to work until I attend next fall (if I get in). My goal is to get admitted to a T14, preferably Georgetown. I am a black male and I hear that this is a boost for us, but I don't know how much of a boost it is and I can't rely on that. I think a score in the 150s is hard to compete with people in the 160s and 170s.

I believe I have strong softs (congressional internships, interned in D.C., worked with politicians and mayors, interned for a law firm, graduated with an above 3.5 GPA, Top 20% in my graduating class at a Top Ten public university, involved in student government and other clubs, athlete, volunteered for Obama's presidential campaign, community service and a couple of other things).

Should I study for another two months and take the test in December or take the test this weekend and hope for the best?

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Should I still take the LSAT?

Post by BigZuck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Flame. And weird. I mean, why bother? Are you that bored at work?

If real, practice until you get a 170+ and enjoy Yale.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Should I still take the LSAT?

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 pm

You don't need more than one topic on the same thing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”